MPRC stands for Media Player Remote Control and the project's main goal
is to provide an easy-to-build and easy-to-setup interface for remote
controllers to work as computer keyboards. It consist in two parts: The
hardware witch communicates with both RC and PC/AT keyboard port, and
the firmware that decodes RC's commands and send a specific keystroke
to computer for every recognized keypress on the RC. Despite the
original idea was to only control media player applications this
hardware has prooven to be capable of interface with many other
- OS independant.
- 100% Driver free.
- Compatible with IBM PC/AT and modern PS/2 keyboards.
- Compatible with RCs using RCA protocol as described on this site.
- Configurable through RS232 interface.
- EEPROM memory can store up to 40 different keys.
- Firmware Ver. 1.0.x: Finish and solve few bugs in configuration
- Firmware Ver. 1.1.x: Update RC data decoding code and make it
compatible with other RC's protocols.